Thursday, July 9, 2009

I like Twitter, but what is Diigo?

This week I did a little research on the Web 2.0 technology that Dr. Dennen mentioned: Twitter, Diigo, Flickr and youtube. I am familiar with youtube because my little brother posts his band's videos from recent shows on the website. I actually started an account on Twitter (I am Kendall1112, send me a message if you are interested!) and I am thining about starting an account with Flickr. My husband is a custom cabinet maker, and this website would be an easy was to display his portfolio.

The only tool I did not really get interested in was Diigo. I don't know if there was just too much information on the website, but I did not really see how this website could be of help to me right now. Maybe I will give it another try this week.

2 comments:

  1. I think it may be easiest to use Diigo when one has either a clear individual project or a collaborative goal and collaborators in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kendall - So far I am using Diigo to collect all these links people are sharing on their blogs. I throw it in my "Read Later" folder. The bookmark function is easier to manage than my default bookmark. But, my experience is limited to about 5 days. I am excited about the highlighting tool, this will definitely help when I am working on a research paper. I didn't even realize the collaboration tools.

    ReplyDelete