Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Week 1 Journal

I have had limited experiences with Web 2.0 technologies. I have a Facebook account, which I use infrequently. I am interested in Twitter, because it seems to be very popular and used in many different arenas. However, since I am currently a stay-at-home mom, my lifestyle does not allow much time to use these tools for fun. I have heard classmates say that they use Twitter for work-related purposes, which I think is really cool. I am curious to know how Twitter is generally received by the workforce.

I would definitely consider myself a follower more than a leader in this realm, but hopefully not for long. I would say that I am an intermediate follower- I have had some experience with these new technologies and I don't think it will take me long to learn how to use them.

I hope to gain a lot of valuable information from this class. As I mentioned before, I do not have a lot of free time to explore the new Web 2.0 technologies, but with this class I should be able to learn about these new tools. I expect that the assignments will require us to discover and use the new tools, which I am very eager to do.

2 comments:

  1. Kendall, did you know that there is a whole phenomenon called "mommyblogging" -- women, often stay at home moms, who blog and share about their lives?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendall - I also have had limited time to explore these new technologies. I see this class as a guide and a reason to try all of these things I have been interested in.

    ReplyDelete