Thursday, July 2, 2009

With all this technology, what is most important to know?

I am truly excited to learn about all of this new technology and how it applies to the business world. I would like to know how to approach my job search with all of this new information. I realize that new tools are introduced rapidly, and by the time I begin looking for a job, there will be new technology out in cyber space.

As a future Instructional Designer, I would like to know, what is being used currently in this profession? I would like to learn as much as possible about all tools, but I am most interested in what I will likely need to know when I enter the workforce. Is there a way to determine this, or are designers using all of the tools we will study?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kendall! There are a couple of places you can look online for how people are using technology.

    There is a listserv called ITFORUM, its pretty academic though: http://it.coe.uga.edu/itforum

    You can join (or just browse) the eLearning Guild: elearningguild.com

    Maybe I'll write a blog post about this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though there is the most popular tool as facebook among tools, different society and group has their own preference. Some organization might adopt existing tools like wiki or eblog. However, others might have their own platform as knowledge management system or online community. I think if you have experience in using the web2.0 technology and understand what the terms and notion of the innovation, you do not have to worry about determining specific tool to be useful to you right now. Every experience you have will help you to be leader in any possible place.

    ReplyDelete